Jennifer D. Cockcroft
Jennifer D. Cockcroft has practiced law since 1998. She was admitted to and remains a member of the Georgia Bar since 1998. She was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2004. Ms. Cockcroft began her legal career as a prosecutor in Atlanta, Georgia, with the Fulton County District Attorney's Office as a Senior Assistant District Attorney. She prosecuted felony cases in multiple divisions, from indictment through trial from 1998 to 2004.
In 2004, Ms. Cockcroft relocated back to Florida and was admitted to the Florida Bar. From 2004 to 2014, Ms. Cockcroft practiced municipal law as in house counsel to the City of Kissimmee, as the sole Assistant City Attorney. During this time, Ms. Cockcroft represented all City Departments and City Boards as well as the City Commission in day to day matters as well as during meetings of the City Boards and City Commission.
She has been associated with Stenstrom, McIntosh, Colbert & Whigham, P.A., the oldest and largest law firm in Seminole County, Florida as "of counsel" attorney since January 2016, practicing municipal law.
Ms. Cockcroft also holds a Florida Real Estate Association License as of 2015.
Ms. Cockcroft is an Orlando native. She is married and lives in Kissimmee with her husband and two sons. She is an active community volunteer and has served on multiple not for profit boards.
- Florida, 2004
- Georgia, 1998
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Juris Doctor with Honors - 1997
- Honors: High Honors (one semester); Honors (six semesters)
- Activities: John Marshall Bar Association; Criminal Law Association
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida – 1994
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors – Legal Studies
- Honors: Dean's List (five semesters)
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Honors: Golden Key National Honor Society
- Inbounds Warrios, Inc. (Vice President)
- Friends of Kissimmee Parks, Inc. (Secretary)
- Osceola Kowboys High School Homerun Club (President)
- Osceola High School Booster Club member
Areas of Practice
- 100% Municipal Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Real Estate Associate License
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association
- Florida Association of Police Attorneys
Past Employment Positions
- City of Kissimmee. FL, Assistant City Attorney, 2004 - 2014
- Fulton County District Attorney, Atlanta, GA, Senior Assistant District Attorney, 1998 - 2004