Jump to Navigation

Modifying Family Law Decrees

When child support or child custody decrees are created, they reflect the needs of all parties at that time. However, as time passes, the abilities of either parent or the needs of the children may change. When that happens, it is important to work with a family law attorney who has experience handling modifications.

That is what you can expect when you work with the law office of Stenstrom, McIntosh, Colbert & Whigham, P.A. We have been helping clients throughout Central Florida make modifications to child support and child custody decrees since 1954.

Understanding the Process

If you lost your job, if your ex is looking to move away from the area or if your child turned 18, you may be eligible for a modification. Modification can be available when there is a significant change in circumstances. It is important to note that modifications only affect things moving forward.

For example, if you lose your job, it is important to contact an attorney immediately to modify your support agreements. If you wait six months, you will still be responsible for paying the full support amount during that time, even if you were without a job.

In many situations, modifications can be handled in mediation. We have certified mediators on staff and can help you find an effective solution to your situation. Schedule your initial consultation with an experienced modifications lawyer. Contact us online, or call us at 407-322-2171 or toll free at 800-247-5225.

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Stenstrom, McIntosh, Colbert
& Whigham, P.A.

1001 Heathrow Park Lane
Suite 4001
Lake Mary, Florida (FL) 32746
Telephone: 407-322-2171
Toll Free: 1-800-247-5225

E-mail Us | Directions